Friday, October 23, 2009

Introduction

Hi Everybody! After years of family and friends calling me for advice I have decided that I should start a blog dedicated to the issues that you care about most. I am a microbiologist and have dedicated my career to studying infectious bacteria, viruses and fungi. I am firstly a stay at home mom though. I have a young toddler and another one on the way.

I am not a doctor and do not intend for any of my advice to be used for diagnosis or to replace a visit to the doctor. I simply wish to better inform you and give you the facts that you need to make better educated decisions about the health and well-being of your families. Doctors have a lot to learn and cram into a few years of education and training. They have a better overall knowledge of how the body works than I do. I have spent my education focused mostly on microorganisms and I feel I may have a better understanding of how they work compared to some doctors who only a spend a semester or two on microbiology.

My hope is that my knowledge as a microbiologist and a mom can give a unique perspective and hopefully better allow you and your doctor to make the best decisions for you and your families.

Please feel free to email me with questions, comments, or if you have a something specific that you would like me to post about: germmom[at]gmail[dot]com. I want this blog to be about what you want to hear so I appreciate the input!

No comments:

Post a Comment